AFTER THIS CLASS YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Choose the right macro lenses
- Build the ideal photography gear kit
- Find (or create) the best light for macro shots
- Know where to place small objects in the frame
- Set the correct aperture and exposure
- Master close focusing with depth of field
- Confidently capture macro work of any type of flower
ABOUT KATHLEEN’S CLASS:
Flowers are the perfect subjects for both beginning and professional photographers alike. Not only can they be found almost anywhere, but they offer a wide range of colors, textures, and shapes to explore and experiment with. But as perfect as flowers are for photography, the dominance of similar pictures makes it hard to capture a unique image.
This course takes you on an in-depth journey into the glories of flower photography, with expert photographer Kathleen Clemons as your guide. You’ll learn everything you need to know to take captivating shots that will wow your audience and celebrate the beauty of nature. Learn how to take flower photographs that stand out.
In this class, you'll learn how to spot the best flower to photograph with your naked eye, whether you want to capture artistic or documentary images. The flower will become the star of the shot as you learn to eliminate distractions in the background. At the end of the class, work confidently with fields of flowers and single flowers, at each stage in their life cycle.
Whether you have a Nikon, Canon, Sony, or mirrorless camera body, Kathleen will show you all the essential tools of flower photography, from macro lenses to plant clamps to extension tubes. She’ll cover technical details such as aperture settings and your depth of field, as well as stylistic issues such as composition, backgrounds, and close-up or macro shots. The course ends with a demonstration of a real shoot in a garden so you can see Kathleen in action as she takes different angles and close-up images of different flowers and flower petals.
WHO THIS CLASS IS FOR:
- All levels of photographers interested in macro photography.
- Photographers who want to learn how to shoot close-up images of small subjects.
- Photographers who want to better understand special equipment for shooting macro and how to deal with difficult lighting situations.
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR:
Kathleen Clemons is a nature photographer known for her painting-like images of flowers. The Maine-based photographer works with Corbis and Getty images. While she's known for her photography, Kathleen also has a degree in education, which she mixes with her passion for flower to teach other macro photographers.