Say the word “budget” and most people instantly feel a sense of dread—as if the walls are closing in on them. Most of us don’t like the idea of restricting our spending and feeling deprived of the things and experiences that we believe will make our lives better and more fulfilled.
But according to Erin Lowry, budgeting doesn’t have to be painful. Instead, it’s a great tool for helping you feel in control of your money. By setting a budget, you can change your bad spending habits and focus on purchasing the things you value most.
Once you’ve got your cash flow under control, then it’s time to start saving. Erin will give you a whole host of practical advice on how to save so you can avoid sinking deeper in debt, build a critical buffer in case of an emergency or streak of bad luck, and achieve true financial stability.
In this class, you’ll learn how to:
- Figure out how much you spend each month and track every penny.
- Identify the budgeting method that’s right for you.
- Evaluate your spending categories and prioritize them.
- Create an emergency fund and decide how much to put in it.
- Automate your savings to ensure you reach your goals.
- Find ways to slash your spending and increase your income.