Do you feel stuck and anxious about the future? Do you feel like you should know what you want to do with your life but you aren’t sure which direction to head?
Stanford professors Bill Burnett and Dave Evans are joining us at CreativeLive to teach a class based on their #1 New York Times bestseller, Designing Your Life: How to Build a Well-Lived, Joyful Life.
By leveraging proven design thinking principles used by leading companies such as IDEO, IBM, and Apple, they will teach you how to apply that same methodology to making your biggest life decisions. Regardless of age, income, or stage in life, their unique approach to designing your life will give you the actionable tools necessary for becoming unstuck and creating a more meaningful life. You will learn how to ask the right questions, eliminate old ideas that are not working and test new approaches to your life.
In this class, you will learn how to:
- Closely examine the “life story” that has brought you to where you are today.
- Shift your thinking and instead of being part of the society factory, learn how to focus on life as a journey to be experienced fully, rather than a means to an end.
- Align your ‘life’ views and ‘work’ view, because more often than not making money and having meaning in your life are not always perfectly aligned.
- Fixing dysfunctional attitudes by understanding the root of things that might be blocking you.
- Understand what gives you energy and what sucks you dry, so you can design a life that fills you up.
Join the FaceBook group - Designing Your Life - CreativeLive
Summary (Generated from Transcript)
The theme of this class is "Designing Your Life: How to Build a Well-Lived, Joyful Life."
In this class, students will learn about various topics related to designing their lives. These topics include design thinking, reframing gravity problems, finding balance in love, play, work, and health, exploring Workview and Lifeview, prototyping and ideation, networking and finding hidden job opportunities, decision making, and reflection and taking action.
The benefit of learning these topics is that students will gain valuable tools and strategies to design a life that is fulfilling and joyful. They will learn how to approach challenges and make decisions with clarity and confidence. They will also learn how to identify and pursue opportunities that align with their values and goals. By applying the principles and techniques taught in this class, students will be able to create a life that is meaningful and brings them joy.
Frequently asked questions about the theme of this class may include:
- Who are the instructors of the workshop?
- Who is the workshop designed for?
- What are some common reasons why people might be interested in designing their life?
- Is the workshop only for people at a certain stage of life or career?
- What is the main goal of the workshop?
- What are some dysfunctional beliefs addressed in the workshop?
- How do the instructors reframe the concept of life?