AFTER THIS CLASS YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Set up and navigate the Adobe Illustrator interface like a pro.
- Drawing with the pen, pencil & curvature tool.
- How to mask images & graphics.
- Create stencil style images from real drawings.
- Work with color like a seasoned designer.
- Draw in Illustrator with shapes and lines and create custom logos easily.
- Master the use of Type and Fonts to create a postcard and other designs.
- Use CC libraries, free templates and the Adobe Capture App confidently.
- Work with and create advanced effects and patterns.
- Save and export your work for a range of different outputs.
ABOUT DANIEL'S CLASS:
Adobe Illustrator is celebrated as one of the top design tools by industry experts globally. Its versatile features have been carefully created with professionals in mind, allowing the program to be used for any design project imaginable. Now, you can go from first-time user to Illustrator pro as you move through the chapters of this fundamentals class taught by a world-renowned expert.
This class covers all of the Illustrator need-to-know basics including drawing with shapes and lines, using tools like curvature, brushes, pen and pencil, type and fonts confidently, the ins and outs of RGB and CMYK, advanced masking and how to save and export your designs.
The class is filled with practical, real-world projects that you can start using straight away to build your portfolio and advance your career as a designer.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to set up your workspace for an efficient workflow
- How to draw using the shape builder, pen, pencil and curvature tools
- How to use brushes and draw lines like an expert
- How to curve type around a badge and break apart or destroy text and fonts
- The basics of RGB and CMYK, how to use the dropper to pick up colors, find colors using Color Theme and how to create interesting gradients
- How to mask an image inside text and cut holes in shapes using compound shapes
- How to distort, bend, warp and vectorize an image
WHO THIS CLASS IS FOR:
- People who have no to little experience with Adobe Illustrator
- People who need a refresher class on Illustrator’s features
- Illustrators who want to fortify their existing skill set
- Professional artists who want to move their art to a digital platform
- Designers who want to add Adobe Illustrator designs to their offering
- Logo designers who want to learn how to create killer logos in Illustrator
- Anyone wanting to learn how to use Adobe Illustrator CC
- All levels of experience
Adobe Illustrator CC 2018
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR:
An influential media designer, Advanced Adobe Certified Instructor and dedicated teacher to thousands of students for over 15 years. Daniel is a speaker and multi-award winner at the prestigious annual Adobe Max conference.